Home » Projects
I am interested in
building secure, distributed and scalable systems.
- Systems security:
- Final year project with Dr. Robert Watson on compartmentalisation of cryptographic components
- Compartmentalised RSA functions of OpenSSL using the OpenSSL engine abstraction
- Won 'Highly commended dissertation' award
- Scalable distributed systems:
- Dropbox (2015) - Vacuuming team intern
- Rewrote petabyte-scale garbage collection system for deleted Dropbox files in Go.
- Implemented a distributed jobs service running across hundreds of dedicated machines, with a robust and efficient streaming pipelined design.
- Facebook (2014) - Core Data team intern
- Improved cache consistency in widely distributed storage systems (Memcache backed by
MySQL DBs, thousands of machines spread across multiple continents).
- Resolved race condition in cache invalidation mechanism that caused read-after-write inconsistencies in
geographical regions with multiple MySQL database replicas.
- Deep learning research:
- Leveraging deep reinforcement learning, policy gradients and LSTM networks to automate deep neural network design and optimize hyperparameters.
- Building a virtual data scientist and experiments platform extending ModStore, a cloud-based machine learning platform which I previously built a scheduler for.
- Graph algorithms research:
- Machine learning:
- Hands-on experience with deep learning, recommendation systems, supervised learning and unsupervised learning (clustering) algorithms.
- Competitions: ACM SIGKDD Cup, Quora ML Codesprint, The Hut Challenge (recommendation systems challenge by The Hut Group)
- CTFs: MIT CSAIL-Cambridge C2C 2016 - 2nd, Facebook-Cambridge CTF 2015 - 1st
- International Olympiad in Informatics medallist
More details on: LinkedIn